Saturday, March 28, 2009

On the Road Again

Canned Heat?  Willie Nelson?  Both.

Made it to Hardeeville, South Carolina today.  Which is an accomplishment, since as I first started my journey this morning, I checked to make sure my wallet was in its usual spot.  It wasn't.  Lost or stolen, and knowing me the former is far more likely.  I should tie anything of importance to my body.

Said goodbye again to our doorfrogs, who seem to be getting much livelier as the weather warms up.  They leap around and hurl themselves about with what seems like abandon, landing on one's leg or for example this morning, on Sally's bottom.  The frog moved on immediately and Sally looked puzzled until the next thing distracted her.
Sally is our 2 1/2 year old Miniature Australian Shepherd.  Here is a photograph of her beautifying herself on the beach.

Tried to take some nice pictures of the emerging seagrape leaves, which are amazing olive green pinkish colors, maybe the color of alien baby flesh. 
 

And to end the day on a gardenish note, here is the bit of botany from my lovely room at Holiday Inn, where I was treated very sympathetically by the woman at the reception desk.  I thought the reflection of the lampshade was a nice touch...



No comments: