Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Good Morning

The sad countdown, three more days and I'll be on my way northward. I see it's 23 degrees up there this morning. It's 65 here. I'm sure I'll barely notice the difference (NOT!). Fortunately the situation should be improving up there very shortly.

Yesterday someone drove their pickup truck into a conservation area near here, and the heat from his truck started a brush fire. It was up to 15 acres and near a few houses, but the firefighters got it under control. Well, nothing like a (barely) controlled burn for tidying the landscape..
.     ....and for cleaning out your car.

I expect he'll think twice about going off-road next time.

We get permits and do burns on our property up north every now and then. It's wonderful to watch the new growth emerging after a fire.

No comments: